Check out these websites for more fact-based information about staying healthy and how to feed your family nutritious foods.
- CT Department of Social Services - Find out federal and state programs that offer food, financial, health care, and childcare assistance.
- CT DSS - Apply for SNAP - Get information and the form to apply for SNAP benefits.
- CT Food Bank - Find the schedule for mobile food pantries servicing Fairfield, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London, and Windham counties.
- Foodshare - Find the schedule for mobile food pantries servicing Hartford and Tolland counties.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - Get fact-based information from registered dietitians-nutritionists, your food and nutrition experts.
- CT SNAP-Ed - Explore more healthy recipes and tips to eat healthy on a limited budget.
- Have A Plant - Find simple ways to add fruits and veggies to your day.
- USDA Choose MyPlate - Learn about this easy-to-follow food guide to help you feed you and your family nutritious, balanced meals.
- USDA Children’s Topics - Check out more tips for healthy eating, physical activity, and lifestyle habits for your tween/teen.
Healthy Kids (under 5)
- Healthy Drinks, Healthy Kids - Learn more about healthy drinks for young kids.
- The Ellyn Satter Institute- How to make mealtime enjoyable and stress-free for parents and little ones.