Fact-based food and nutrition information to help
you make informed choices for you and your family!
Healthy feeding-related topics available for parents and guardians of toddlers and preschool children.
Educational, fact-based nutrition and physical activity resources for tweens and teens (ages 11 - 18 years).
Outreach and Publications
Faculty Publications and Journal Articles
Physician's Weekly - Tailoring Obesity Messages for Pediatrics
Physician’s Weekly is posted in about 1,700 of the leading hospitals and academic health centers as well as thousands of private practices throughout the US, meaning the feature we collaborate on will likely be seen by many of your peers and colleagues nationwide.
Issue Brief 78 - Promoting a Healthy Weight from Birth: Strategies to Improve Early Childhood Feeding Practices and Address Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Obesity
Nutrition Corner Blog
- Bone Health and Nutrition May 5, 2023
- Making Your Own, Simple, and Healthy Salad Dressing April 28, 2023
- Focus on Protein April 21, 2023
- All About Introducing Babies to Solid Foods April 14, 2023
- How to: Reduce Food Waste April 7, 2023
- Affordable Baby Foods March 24, 2023
- Choosing a Plant-based Milk Alternative March 22, 2023
- The Link Between Nutrition, Brain Health and Mental Health March 20, 2023
- Make Your Own Spice Mixes! March 17, 2023
You can use SNAP to order groceries online. This increases access to healthy foods and stretches your food dollar. Read More about SNAP Online
Healthy Family Connecticut is a program offered by UConn School & Family SNAP-Ed. We provide a collection of fact-based food and nutrition resources for parents and adults (offered in both English and Spanish) who receive SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits. Informational resources on many food and feeding-related topics are available for parents of toddlers and preschool aged children. Videos for school age kids on healthy eating and lifestyle, like reducing screen time, are available also! We also have a fun nutrition game for children to play. Learn more